MGACRA :FREDERICKSBURG & THE COUNTIES OF STAFFORD, SPOTSYLVANIA, KING GEORGE & CAROLINE
Extension Master Gardener Educational Resources
During 2020, the Emerging Pests and Pesticide Management (EPPM) Program Team for Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) developed new resources to assist you when interacting with homeowners and for future EMG training and professional development provided by VCE.
- An Introduction to Integrated Pest Management (ENTO-365NP); April 2020.
- Pesticide Storage & Disposal – A Quick Guide for Home Use (ENTO-385NP); June 2020.
- Organic vs. Conventional Pesticides: Advantages and Disadvantages (ENTO-384NP); June 2020.
- Myth-busting Integrated Pest Management for Extension Master Gardeners (ENTO-388NP); July 2020.
- Understanding Pesticide Toxicity (ENTO-389NP); November 2020.
- Reading Pesticide Product Labels (ENTO-390NP); January 2021.
- Spiders: An Undeserved Bad Reputation (ENTO-393NP); January 2021.
Kathleen Reed, State Coordinator, Extension Master Gardener Program,email@example.com, coordinates a Virginia Extension Service twice monthly newsletter, on the 15th of the month and at the end of the month. Click on the link below to access the current newsletter.
Guy Mussey and David Rodriquez
Over 2018 and 2019, Guy Mussey, Horticultural Agent for the Virginia Cooperative Extension, and David Rodriquez created a series of Master Gardener articles, named "Musings", covering a variety of topics. They are placed here for your enjoyment and education.
|Musings, Plant_ID_of_the_Month_May_13_2019.pdf, Chokecherry|
|File Size:||6212 kb|
|Musings_5_28_2019.pdf, Tree Identification, Crape Myrtle Bark Scale|
|File Size:||259 kb|
|Musings_9_2_2019.pdf, Click Beetle, Cicada Killer Wasps, Giant Hogweed|
|File Size:||2444 kb|
|Musings_9_17_2019.pdf, Saddleback Caterpillar, Japanese Stilt-grass|
|File Size:||2126 kb|
Songbird Mortality Event: Our office has gotten several calls about the songbird die-off going on, and I know our plant clinic folks have also gotten questions. I wanted to pass along a few links so that we can all stay informed and be able to intelligently address questions about the situation should we be asked.